Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Buxom Stay There in Shih Tzu, Chihuahua, and Schnauzer

As you might know from my earlier posts about the Buxom Stay There shadows I'm a fan. I decided to get a few more colours during the sephora F&F sale.

I think you get really nice colour payoff from these shadows. They are very blendable, light and play well with BE mineral shadows. I wear primer under them and have had no trouble with creaseing or fading. I have been using the ELF eye shadow brush or a synthetic paint brush to apply them and both work really well.

I like the Stay There shadows because you could wear them alone with a little eye liner and be done. Or in some cases with no eye liner and just mascara. So they are perfect for traveling or when you are in a hurry. In addition you can use them as the base to build more complex looks.

So here are some swatches and looks with each of my new additons.

Shih Tzu and Chihuahua


Shanauzer


When you pack it on Schnauzer looks more purple (like I did in the lower swatch), but when you smudge it out you can really see the plum tones (like I did in the top swatch).

All the Buxom Stay There shadows I own:

I added High Shine Frost because it is similar to Chihuahua and some might want to compare them. I think Chihuahua is less bright than Frost and you can make it very sheer. Chihuahua also has a grey undertone that is more noticable on the eye. I like them both.

Shih Tzu


EYES:
PTFE, wr/cr,
Creme de la creme under brow,
Buxom Stay There Shih Tzu lash into crease,
Oz in crease and outer 1/3ish,
Fearless in V to darken outer corner,
Caviar wet lined on top,
Flawless defintion mascara.


CHEEKS: Avant-Garden Blush
LIPS: Tarte Reduce tinted lip balm


Chihuahua


EYES:

PTFE, wr/cr,
Ecstacy under brow,
Buxom Stay There in Chihuahua lash to crease,
Stardust in crease and outer 1/2,
Berry Flambe in outer corner,
B&B in Slate along upper lash line,
Buxom mascara.


CHEEKS: Pink Ribbon blush
LIPS: Tarte Reuse tinted lip balm


Schnauzer



EYES:
PTFE, wr/cr,
Garland under brow,
Buxom Stay There Schnauzer lash to crease,
Frills in crease,
Buxom eye shadow stick in Smokin pistol along upper lash line, Frills along lower lash line,
Buxom Mascara.

CHEEKS: Pink Petal Blush
LIPS: Smashbox smile brightening gloss


 

No comments:

Post a Comment