Friday, November 5, 2010

Bare Escentuals November TSV 2010: The Perfect Gift

















Today I want to review the November Bare Escentuals Today's Special Value (TSV) that will be on QVC on November 13th. You can order this as a one time shipment  or on auto-delivery (A-D). If you order it on A-D you will get three more similar kits, one in March, June and September. Each shipment will have the same types of items in different colours.

Creme de la creme eye shadow: BE describes this as a mocha creme colour. It does look cream-ish but has some burnished gold tones and maybe a light hint of kakai. On the eye dry it is very neutral. Because of the light sheen that it has it foils in a way that makes it look creamy rather than sparkly. I love shadow like this. They are great base shades for many looks.

Magnifique eye shadow: This is an intense smoky plum. It is not a red plum. It end up looking smoky without a decernable colour dry on the eye.  It looks dark enough to use wet (or dry) as a liner. I don't have anything like this colour in my collection. I really like it. It does not look brown on me which makes me very happy!

Avant-Garden Blush: Ooooo pretty! It looks great! It is a beautiful pink. It is not peachy at all. It is one of those blushes that make a differencet to your face that you can see as soon as you put it on. It looks very much like my nautral blush.

B&B in Black Coffee: I did not try this or swatch it so I really can't review it.

Tinted Hydrating Mineral Veil: It looks nice on. It seems to have a little bit of a pearl quality to it. It is not at all intensely pigmented so I think it will blend in nicely on fair skin. It does seem to add a nice glow.

Pretty Amazing lipcolour in Rouge: This is the brand new product in the kit. It seems to be a cross between a gloss and a lipstick. It has a slightly thicker consistency than a BE natural lipgloss and it is completely opaque. The colour is a pink leaning red. It appears very dark on me but not harsh. It feels smooth and moisturizing on my lips and not at all sticky. I did blot it after I put it on. The applicator is a flexable paddle that looks longer and flatter than a typical doe foot applicator. I thought it was very easy to apply the product with the applicator. However, it did seem to hold on to a lot of product.

Flawless Definition Volumizing mascara: This mascara gives you volume and definition. It is similar to the regular flawless mascara but is a little thicker and has a different brush. I like this mascara.

Overall I like this collection. Even though the eye shadows are neutral they are not boring. The blush is perfect. I also love trying new products before they launch and so getting to try the Pretty Amazing lip colour was a nice treat. It is a really good price for everything that you get (about $45 with tax and shipping). I almost didn't get this because I thought it would be too neutral but I really glad I changed my mind.






EYES:
Prime Time For Eyes (PTFE), wr/cr,
Creme de la creme dry lash to brow,
Creme de la creme foiled lash to crease,
Magnifique in crease and outer 1/4,
Sable wet lined on top,
Flawless Definition Volumizing mascara.

CHEEKS: Hydrating tinted mineral veil all
over face, Avant-garden blush.
LIPS: Pretty Amazing lipcolor in Rouge


Here is the video for this look:



No comments:

Post a Comment