Wednesday, December 29, 2010

MAC Reflects Blackened Red

I guess I'm on a glitter kick. Ever since I had some success with the extreme glimmers and the Sephora Glitter brush I've been using more and more glitter. So today I decided to go all out and try using MAC's Reflects Blackened Red which I've had for about a year and never used. It was not as crazy looking or as red as I thought it would be. It actually leans a little purple against the black backgrond (hence the use of Milk as the highlight). I think there were a few teal sparkles left on the glitter brush, sorry about that.




EYES:

PTFE, wr/cr,
Buxom Smokin Pistol stick lash to crease
blended out and shaped to a point in the outer corner,
MAC Reflects Blackened Red over smokin' pistol,
MAC Milk under brow and inner corner,
Smokin' pistol along outer 1/2ish of lower lash line,
Flawless definition mascara with Buxom mascara over it.


CHEEKS: Smashbox Beige
LIPS: BE Sherbert lipstick with Tarte Charmed
lightly over it and a little Poof in the center.

5 comments:

  1. This is jaw-droppingly beautiful. :) Of course, it looks so good because your application skills are top-notch.

    I do not own these Mac products, so I will just admire this "from afar" (does that make sense?) I do have lots of Aromaleigh stuff (no longer available) so I bet I could try to duplicate it, but I also think my skills are not up to it yet. Oh well, one day... :/

    Thanks for sharing. I like to look at things that are beyond my skill level because they are so inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm sure you could re-create this look with what you have. I've tried some of the Aromaleigh line with mixed results but they have some really nice colours. All you really need is a black cream shadow or primer and then something purple or red that is sparkly. You might even just try using a sparkly dark purple for starters. I like looking at looks that are beyond my skill level for the same reason--it is fun to have something to aspire to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky this is such a great look for your eyes, really defines them...vavavooooom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was looking over some of your older posts and found this one. I like how all your looks are different. This one is especially gorgeous!!! Wow! And your lashes look miles long! :)

    ReplyDelete