Friday, December 10, 2010

Bare Escentuals: Bright Now

A new kit showed up at Sephora a few weeks ago. The focus of the Bright Now kit is skin brightening products. The kit contains the Brightening foundation primer (the same one that came in the Re-think A-D), Eye Bright eye shadow, Boost blush, Energy Drink natural lipgloss, the Volumizing flawless definition mascara, and the fast and flawless brush.

I never really used face primer (I didn't think I needed it) then I tried the brightening primer. I like the brightening primer because it helps my under eye concealer stay on better and I think it looks better than what I was doing before. So I use the brightening primer and like it very much. You do need to shake it vigourously to keep it mixed properly.

I like the volumizing mascara. It seperates my lashes and is a nice basic mascara. I don't get dramatic results with it but it's pretty good.

Eye Bright is a very light pink with a sheen. It is not sparkly at all. It is one of those colours that might be better described as pink leaning rather than full on pink. It has a white cast to it and I'm sure on some people the pink will not register. I did comparison swatches so you could get a sense of what other colours it is similar to. I think it is closest to Euphoria but it does not have the same texture and it shows up as less pink than euphoria. Overall I think it does brighten the eye area and it is a very versitile colour.

Boost is the blush in this kit. Boost is a pinky-peach with gold sparkle. On my skin tone it looks pink. Bare escentuals has really been knocking it out of the park lately with the blushes.

Energy Drink--awesome! I love this gloss it is also a pink with a little gold sparkle. By itself it makes your lips look enhanced (with respect to colour) but also soft and glossy. I love the look of it by itself. It is the perfect consistancy. It is not really think or thin. In the second look I added a little boost to the gloss (as they suggest on the box) and it looks nice that way too but I like it alone best.

The Fast and Flawless brush is great! I can't believe I did not already have this in my brush collection. It is perfect for putting minerals under the eyes and concealing. The brush evenly distributes the minerals so you don't get any caking. I also used it as an all over eye shadow brush. This one will be staying in the brush roll.

Overall I would recommend this kit. I like everything in it and almost everything is new (at least the eye shadow, blush and gloss are).






EYES:

PTFE, wr/cr,
Eye Bright lash to brow,
Eclipse wet lined on top,
Flawless Definition Volumizing mascara.


CHEEKS: Boost Blush
LIPS: Energy Drink Gloss 





EYES:

PTFE, wr/cr,
Eye Bright lash to brow,
Wildflower lash into and above crease on outer 1/2,
Vivid in crease and outer corner,
Berry Flambe wet lined on top Vivid along lower lash line,
Flawless definition with Volumizing over it.


CHEEKS: Boost, Gold mV, brightening primer
LIPS: Boost with Energy drink over it.


No comments:

Post a Comment