Friday, February 18, 2011

Esperanza Spalding's Grammy Dress

I was happy to see Esperanza Spalding win a Grammy for best new artist. I like her music and she is clearly very talented. I also thought her dress, designed by Selma Karaca, was interesting. I think the dress is pretty, it has a nice shape and it looked great on Spalding. I found the colour palette strangely alluring and so I decided to do an eye shadow look based on her outfit. From pictures I’ve seen most of the dress is varying shades of chartreuse with some darker woodsy greens and sea greens mixed in. I really like the combination of chartreuse and the sea green it is a colour combination that I don’t think I ever would have thought of.

Here is a picture of the dress:


This is "Fall In" one of my favorites:








EYES:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance,
50/50 mix well rested/clear radince all over,
Petunia under brow,
Exotic Victoria foiled lash to crease,
MAC Spiritualize in crease and outer corner,
KVD Hard Luck with a tiny touch of Tijuana in outer corner and V and along lower lash line,
KVD Tijuana wet lined on top,
Rimmel Mascara.


CHEEKS: Optimist with a little Avant-Garden on the apples.
LIPS: Fruit Smoothie gloss with a little Tarte Charmed to darken it.


If you wanted to do this look with all BE I would use Perrfect in place of KVD Hard Luck, Foliage in place of KVD Tijuana, and maybe Treasured terri mixed with a bright blue (like crusin' teddi or azure) in place of MAC spiritualize (I don't really have anything in my BE collection that is very similar to spiritualize). I also thought about using Vienna Buxom under the gloss, if I had more time I would have.

1 comment: