Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Bare Escentuals Cast Away Kit

The Cast Away kit is available now at Ulta. It comes with two eye shadows, Aztec Gold and Treasure Island, as well as a brown Big and Bright liner pencil and Flawless mascara in Black. I did not use the liner penicl for this look. I did some comparisons with other golds and greens so you can get an idea of what these colours look like. Aztec Gold has a coppery base with yellow gold sparkles. Treasure Island is a clay green brown with moderate goldish sparkle. 

I like both the colours from this kit but I don't really like them together. There have been a few kits from bare escentuals recently that have nice colours but the colours just don't go well together.

Aztec Gold Comparisons:



Treasure Island Comparisons:










EYES:
TSS Stopping traffic under brow,
Treasure Island in crease,
Aztec Gold lash to crease,
Patio Party wet lined on top and dry in outer 1/4,
mascara.

CHEEKS: Papaya blush
LIPS: Wild Honey gloss



4 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this one. It looks great on you!!! I've been trying to resist and think I actually can since I believe I can pull off a similar look with other colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitly think you could re-create a similar look with colours you already have. Some people on BEA were comparing Treasure Island to Leaf (which I don't have) just in case you have that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the swatches Becky! I haven't bought this kit yet, but boy is Aztec Gold pretty! I may try to pick it up on Ebay. The look is beautiful on you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I do have Leaf. I will have to try this out.

    ReplyDelete