Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Perfect Gift A-D #2: Just What You Wanted



This is the second installment in The Perfect Gift A-D. I especially like the blush and lip stuff from this kit. I think I will be able to get a better idea of what the lip stuff is like now that I have it in a colour I will actually wear. The eye shadows are similar to other colours I have and while they are pretty, if you've already got the other colours you don't really need these. I love the colour of the Big and Bright eye liner it is a bright navy. If I was going to substitute a powder shadow for midnight I would say that Sailor is probably pretty close. I like the Big and Bright liners but I am not as skilled with them as I am with the minerals and it is hard to get even lines (my eye liner is really uneven today!).






EYES:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance,
50/50 mix well rested/clear radince all over,
Thoughtful dry lash to brow,
Thoughtful foiled lash to crease,
Treasured lash into crease on outer 1/2ish,
Big and Bright Midnight liner top and bottom,
Flawless Definition Volumizing mascara.


CHEEKS: Smitten Blush
LIPS: Pretty Amazing lipcolour in Charisma.


2 comments:

  1. This looks great on you!

    I have this kit as well and LOVE the eye colors and blush (already had the B&B midnight liner which is my fav)

    BUT The Charisma Pretty Amazing lippie seems like a different forumula than the last one - Rouge (name changed to brick rose?) I loved Rouge, it felt so creamy to me.

    Charisma doesn't seem to feel the same, it doesn't go on opaque for me but instead splotchy and goopy. In order for it to work on me I have to mix with lipglosses.

    Are you experiencing this? I've talked to others who feel the same :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I only wore Rouge once or twice (I should try it again) so I can't really compare. But I do find Charisma to be very thick and hard to apply. I have to do a really thick layer to get even coverage and then do a serious blot so that it doesn't look too thick. Once I blot it though it seems alright. I really am not sure what I think of the pretty amazing formula--I like that it is opaque and stays on well and feels like a gloss, but I do find it hard to apply and it can be sticky and goopy.

    ReplyDelete