Monday, March 21, 2011

Kat Von D True Romance Palette: Truth


The Truth palette is the newest palette from Kat Von D. I generally speaking love her eye shadow. I like her shadows because they are pigmented but buildable and very blendable. You can use them wet and dry. The darker colours are sheer enough that you can use them to simply darken the lighter or brighter colours without looking like a raccoon. The cream shadows that come in just about every palette are worthless—they are wearable but they are sticky and they dry out quickly, they are the one drawback in every palette.


I was really excited to get Truth but now that I’ve used it a few times I think I should have waited until it went on sale to get it. The greens are very pretty but I have similar greens (MAC Chartreuse and MAC Landscape green or BE Key Lime). The light gold, sugar skull, was in Memento Mori (the palette from last spring), it is very nice but I wish they would have included a new colour. The other side of the palette is pretty as well it has lots of light neutrals in it. Sister is a very nice matte pinkish peach and one of my favorites from this set. I also like Rehab which is a sparkly champagne nude, but it reminds me a lot of Confessional from the Rock N’ Roll palette. Galeano is a nice mid tone purple, you need a few layers to get it to show up but it is a good lid colour and it is good for blending out the edges of the darker purple Prague. Prague is another favorite. It is a nice dark plum that makes a good crease colour and liner.





I don’t think this palette would be one you could use alone—I think it is missing a second darker colour. So while it will play well with your other palettes I don’t think it is really a stand alone palette. I guess the purple side could make a few complete looks but it is not as versatile as some of the other KVD palettes I have. If I had to choose between this palette and Memento Mori I would choose Memento Mori. I’m not sorry I bought Truth but I think I would wait until it went on sale if you haven’t gotten it yet, or you could skip it and not miss much if you have a lot of other KVD eye shadows.




The second look I did using the cream shadow looks bad in pictures. It was much less sparkly and a lot prettier in person. The flash just picks up all the sparkle and makes it look crazy. The saint patty's day look I did is the best representation of the green side of this palette.




EYES:

Too Faced Shadow Insurance,
50/50 mix well rested/clear radince all over,
KVD Sister under brow,
KVD Rehab foiled lash to crease,
KVD Galeano in crease,
KVD Prague in and above crease and outer corner with some Galeano over the edges to blend,
KVD Prague wet lined on top,
Two coats of Flawless Definition Volumizing mascara.


CHEEKS: Smitten Blush
LIPS: With A Twist gloss






EYES:

Too Faced Shadow Insurance,
50/50 mix well rested/clear radince all over,
KVD Rehab under brow,
KVD Finland lash into crease on outer 3/4,
KVD Snake eyes over finland lash to crease on outer 2/3,
KVD Long Distance lash to crease on inner 1/2ish,
KVD Prague in outer corner and wet lined on top,
Tarte mascara.


CHEEKS: Avant-Garden blush
LIPS: 100% Pure lip and cheek stain in Sugar Plum






EYES:
Too Faced Glitter Glue,
50/50 mix well rested/clear radince all over,
KVD Sister under brow,
KVD Snake Eyes lash into and above crease,
KVD Sugar Skull lash to crease on inner 1/4ish,
KVD Hard Luck in outer corner and V,
MAC Reflects Transparent Teal glitter lash to crease on center of lid,
KVD Dagger wet lined on top,
Falsies mascara.


CHEEKS: Irrisistable blush
LIPS: Las Vegas Buxom lipstick


No comments:

Post a Comment