Friday, April 15, 2011

Update: Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips

I just want to give you a quick update on the Sally Hansen Salon Effects nail strips. I think that overall they worked out pretty well. I was brutal on my hands because I wanted to see if they would last through dishwashing and cooking and all the normal stuff I do. They looked just as they did when I put them on for 4 days. Then they started to chip a little at the tips. They also either shrank a little or my nails grew which you can see in the photos. The second set of photos is at seven and a half days. Even though they started to chip around day 4 they pretty much stayed the same until day 7 (they didn’t get much worse). I think my nails looked a little junky by day 7 but no worse than they look by day 3 with regular nail polish. From a distance I don’t think the chipping was especially noticeable. I think it would have been more of an issue if I had on a solid colour or a less busy design.  
I was reading other reviews of these strips and some people said that using a top coat helped them stay on with no chips longer, so I think I will try that next time. I think I will buy these again. I think they would be best for when you go on vacation and don’t want to worry about your nails or for someone like me who isn’t really good with traditional nail polish.

DAY 1

DAY 7


No comments:

Post a Comment