Thursday, April 21, 2011

eek so much new stuff!

I got a bunch of new stuff, some from the Sephora sale, some from the preview and some from the Q. I don't even know where to start. Hopefully this weekend I will have time to do some swatches with the new stuff but I think I will just post my looks with a few new things until then.

Here is what I got: Good Morning Gorgeous (from QVC), Buxom Stay There in Husky, LORAC liquid luster, Anistasia Brow Wiz in Brunette, High Shine Meteroite, High Shine Ice, High Shine Flash and the Argan and green coffee eye serum from Shea Terra.

I played around with the liquid luster a bit and used it in the first look. I mixed a little LL with a little bit of eye drops and the onyx liner. It lightened the liner and made it sparkly. I want to try it under and eye shadow, over an eye shadow, and mixed with an eye shadow--I'll do swatches when I can. The LL is a clear fluid with white and irridescent gold sparkle in it.

The Buxom Stay There shadow in Husky is a light blue (I'm wearing this in the frist look too). I really love it. I didn't think I would need it but then I saw it in person at Sephora and couldn't believe how pretty it is. I think it will look good with lots of colours or by itself.

I tested the 7 eye shadows in the Good Morning Gorgeous kit on my hand and like most of them. I don't think these shadows are ment to be used together. Some of them will work together but I think you will need to come up with your own combinations. Some of the shadows are quite sparkly. The blue shadow, Monday, is not like any other blue I have so that is cool. Tuesday is a really pretty mid-tone pink that will look good with Saturday a very light pink with big clear/silver sparkles in it (it is similar to Tiara but with a different kind of sparkle in it). Wednesday is green and very similar to Exotic Victoria but Wednesday has a smokier base than Exotic Victoria. Thursday has a brown base with greenish gold irridescence, it has a different look than many BE shadows. Friday I need to play with more. Sunday is a nude brown that is matte in a nice way, it's one of those shadows that creates a blurred look which in the right combination can look very professional and elegant.

The High shines are very pretty. I like them all. Ice is similar to HS Charisma--I will swatch them side by side. High shine flash is a really nice pale lavender. HS Meteroite has a smoky purple-ish grey base with a pinky bronze shine (I'm wearing this in the second look).




EYES:

Too Faced Shadow Insurance,
50/50 mix well rested/clear radince all over,
Buxom Stay There Sheepdog under brow and inner corner,
Buxom Stay there Husky lash to crease,
Oz in crease and outer corner and dry along lower lash line,
Onyx mixed with Lorac Liquid Lustre wet lined on top,
Flawless Definition Volumizing mascara, then curled.


CHEEKS: Smitten
LIPS: Berry Rush gloss






EYES:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance,
50/50 mix well rested/clear radince all over,
Saturday dry under brow and foiled lash to crease,
High Shine Meteroite lash to crease on outer half and into crease,
Lucky Penny wet lined on top, HS Meteroite dry along lower lash line,
Flasies Black drama mascara then curled.

CHEEKS: Pink Ribbon blush
LIPS: Tarte Pouty
 


1 comment:

  1. So excited to see everything that you got :)
    http://putbeautytowords.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete