Saturday, June 19, 2010

Layered Looks

I've been doing a lot of looks using a layering technique. What I do is take a mid-tone shade and blend it from the lash line into and above the crease on the outer two thirds of the lid. I use a fluffly brush like the BE tapered crease brush. Then I take a darker colour in a bright shade and blend it into the outer corner and a little way into the crease. You can do this with a pencil brush, or a short stubby crease brush, or even something like the heavenly smuge brush. This will give the look dimension and a smoky quality that I really like. Then you can take a lighter colour lash to crease on the inner 1/3 blending it gently into the midtone colour. 

I think you could use any colours for this. Purple glow is an example of this technique. I also used this same procedure for the two looks I'm posting here. I bet this would also be a really nice way to do a smoky eye. Use a mid-tone gray with black as the darker colour and white as the colour on the inner 1/3. I will do that next week.




EYES: TFSI, wr/cr
MAC Spiritualize lash into crease and above crease,
KVD Gypsy palette greens,
KVD Lucifer dry as liner,
Rimmel Volume mascara in extreme black.

CHEEKS: Pink Diamond
LIPS: Straberry Daquiri Lipstick with NYX Pink Pearl in center of lips






EYES: BPTFE,
Dare lash into and abover crease on outer 1/2ish,
Lemon Merange lash to crease on inner 1/2ish,
Denim lash to crease on outer 1/4ish,
Fearless wet lined on top, 
mascara.

LIPS: Aveda Foxglove lip liner with BE muffin top over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment