Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Bare Minerals: Introducing Color Shift Eyecolor

Today I’m wearing the new Bare Minerals Insider: Introducing Color Shift Eyecolor kit. This is the third color shift eye shadow that Bare Escentuals has released. The first two were released earlier this year on QVC, they are Lilac & Grey and Gold & Green. This kit contains:

Gold & Blue colour shift eye shadow
Big and Bright liner in Black Sea
Flawless Definition Volumizing mascara (full size, it looks like a mini in the picture)
Boost Blush
Starfruit 100% Natural gloss
Double ended Color shift eye shadow brush

I was a little bit worried about the new colour shift eye shadow because many people on various forums have said that they had a hard time getting the gold to show up. People said that the slightest touch would make the eye shadow turn from gold to blue and some said it turned blue in the cap or before they could get it on their eye. I played with this a little on my hand first to see if I would be able to get swatches. As long as I patted the colour on I did not have a problem with it turning. Based on my experience with the other colour shift colours I always do the blending out first and then pat on the eye shadow where I want it to stay gold. If you don’t want the shadow to turn you cannot swipe it across your eye or even pat over the same place multiple times without reloading the brush. In order to get it to stay gold I gently picked up the shadow with the brush, tapped it, and then patted it on my lid. It does not make a thick even layer so I needed to go back and repeat the procedure 2-3 more times to get full coverage with the gold. Overall I really like the effect, I think this might be my favorite colour shifting eye shadow so far. The blue is very pretty and gets darker the more you buff it.


I also love Black Sea. It is a dark teal that looks much lighter on than it does in the pictures on the box. If you look carefully at the look I did you can see that when applied over the colour shift eye shadow black sea looks brighter than it does when applied alone, as I did along my lower lash line.

Boost is a repeat. It was in another kit earlier this year. However, I still love it.


Starfruit is a nice light pink gloss. I have others that are similar but nothing exactly like it.




EYES:

Too Faced Shadow Insurance,
50/50 mix well rested/clear radince all over,
Rock Crystal under brow,
Gold & Blue colour shift buffed in crease and outer corner,
Gold & Blue colur shift pressed on lash to crease on inner 1/2ish,
B&B Black sea lined top and bottom,
Flawless Definition Volumizing mascara (FDVM).


CHEEKS: Boost blush
LIPS: Starfruit gloss


 

No comments:

Post a Comment