Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Three More looks with The Dream Sequence

I just couldn't stop using this palette. After using it almost everyday for a week or so I have to say that I still love these new eye shadows. They go on silky, they are belndable, they last all day. They also blend well with the loose minerals. The only slight problem I have had is that they cling to my brushes and I really have to work hard to get all the eye shadow off with a microfiber cloth. Overall I'm very glad I decided to try the Ready eye shadows.

I wanted to try doing a smoky eye with the darkest colour in the palette, nightcap. I think nightcap might look too bruise-ish on some skin tones but when you add some black to it, or another dark pruple I think it looks pretty.


EYES:

Too Faced Shadow Insurance,
50/50 mix well rested/clear radiance all over,
500 Thread count under brow,
Nightcap lash into crease on outer 3/4 of eye,
Romp on inner 1/4,
Lucky Penny in V,
Onyx wet lined on top,
mascara.


CHEEKS: Floret
LIPS:Bavarian Creme

 

I'd been catching up on Private Practice (the TV show) and this look was inspired by the makeup on the show. The women on the show often wear a brown base with a luminous lid colour and dark liner. The texture of Romp is perfect for recreating this look.


EYES:

Too Faced Shadow Insurance,
50/50 mix well rested/clear radiance all over,
500 Thread count under brow,
Night Owl in crease,
Romp lash to crease,
Congac in V and outer corner,
Bark wet lined on top,
mascara.


LIPS: Tarte Hope with Pretty Amazing Flair over it





I finally got to see the movie "The Help" and this look was inspired by the makeup in the movie. There were lots of soft looks with bright coloured eye liner smudged into darker liner. I really like the effect.


EYES:

Too Faced Shadow Insurance,
50/50 mix well rested/clear radiance all over,
500 Thread Count lash to brow and more heavily lash to crease,
Boudior in crease,
Big and Bright liner in Slate with Nightcap smudged over it,
mascara.


CHEEKS: Love Radiance
LIPS: Best Friend lip balm

4 comments:

  1. I love all three looks... can't pick a fave!
    This Dream Sequence was just made for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! I really love the texture of the ready shadows. I think I might get the afterparty quad next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the texture of the ready shadows too... but was a little disappointed at how small the 'pots' are... and how expensive they are for what little you get! I know they will last forever... like the loose minerals... but still...I don't think I'll be splurging on any other BE Ready shadows... I'll just mix some night-time treatment into my primer, and use the loose minerals I already have... they are good enough for me... and the (many) colors I have are 'close enough' that no one will be able to notice a difference from a distance. ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the new Ready shadows but I don't think they will ever replace the loose shadows. I love the variety of colours and textures in the regular line. I will get a few more ready palettes but I don't think I will collect them like I do the loose colours.

    ReplyDelete