Monday, March 12, 2012

Bare Escentuals: Bare Minerals Insider Introducing Hydrating Lip Tint and Bare Escentuals Trend Report: Frill Seeker

I got two new Bare Escentuals kits and since they are both complete simple looks I managed to actually wear them.

The first kit is the Bare Minerals Insider Introducing Hydrating Lip Tint. This kit is $36 at Sephora and has the hydrating lip tint in Luscious, Prime time primer shadow in Rose Nectar, Round the clock liner in 3PM, Flawless definition volumizing mascara in Black and Peek-a-boo blush.

The primer, lip tint and blush are all new colours and the lip tint is a new product. I really love this kit. This is a great simple quick look. The hydrating lip tint is a really great product it has a cool smooth feel to it and it almost gives you a little lip stain. It feels like a liquid lip balm. It is not thick or sticky and once the gloss is gone the colour stays. I love this product.

I also like the Rose Nectar primer because it is dark enough to look like I look like I have shadow on but light enough to wear lash to brow.

EYES:
Prime Time primer shadow in Rose Nectar more heavily on the lid and blended up to the brow,
Big and Bright liner in Black Gold along upper and lower lash line,
Falsies mascara.

CHEEKS: Peek-a-boo blush
LIPS: Hydrating lip tint in Luscious



The second kit I got was the Trend Report: Frill Seeker. It has two eye shadows, Mademoiselle and Splendid, a blush in Sweet Cheeks, Round the Clock liner in Midnight, and Pretty Amazing Gloss in Exuberance. Both eye shadows are really pretty. Mademoiselle is a great neutral with a little luminosity, it would be great as an all over lid colour. Splendid is a bronze with a smoky base and some pinkish overtones. Splendid has the consistency of the high shine eye shadows. It is not overly orange and since it has a smoky base it looks really pretty smoked out.

I'm not a huge fan of the Pretty Amazing lipsticks because they are kind of thick for my taste but I do love the Pretty Amazing gloesses and this one is a great bright colour for spring. The blush in this kit is really pretty too. I am not a fan of the round the clock liners. I have had really bad experiences with them but some people love them.
EYES:
Primetime for eyes,
50/50 mix well rested/clear radiance all over,
Mademoiselle under brow,
Splended lash into crease,
Big and Bright liner in Black Gold upper and lower lash line,
Falsies mascara.

CHEEKS: Sweet cheeks blush
LIPS: Pretty Amazing Gloss in Exuberance



3 comments:

  1. congrats on your baby! i don't think i've heard about this Sephora kit... i have the set of the hydrating tints from QVC over the Christmas holidays... and i love the primer shadows! i might have to check this out!

    btw, you may/may not remember me from the BEAddicts forum (i don't visit there much) but i had a YT channel (daysies1974) and now i'm at prettydaysies. for the month of March, i'm using only 100% BE products! it's helping me rekindle my love of BE and making me shop my stash. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do remember you. I will have to check out your site. I could use some inspiration.
    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i finally caved in and bought this kit from Sephora... it should be here any day now! :)

    ReplyDelete